How to Celebrate Lord Krishna Janmashatami festival at home.
Lord Krishna is one of the most popular and adorable Gods of Indian people.
Krishna is a very significant personification of Vishnu, the supreme God of protection and preserver.
It is believed that Krishna avatar took place on a Rohini star day of Ashtami Tithi(8th Moon), during Shravan(August-September).
This birthday of Krishna is celebrated with great enthusiasm as Krishna Jayanti or Krishna Janmashatami.
Here are Some simple rituals and activities that you can perform on Janmashtami day for welcoming Krishna at home to receive his blessings.
1. Decorate your house to welcome little Lord Murari.
2. You can decorate your homes with flowers and Tarana on this special day.
3. Draw cute little footprints of baby Krishna with rice flour from the main door to the pooja room which signifies that you welcome to Lord Krishna.
4. You can also hang small pots to remember Krishna childhood Natkhat.
5. Bath the little Krishna with panchambruta( mix of five ingredients Like Milk, Honey, Jaggery, Ghee, Yogurt).
6. Clean with fresh water.
7. Decorate Little Krishna with beautiful dress, crown, Garland, Flute, peacock feather, Tulsi leaves.
8. Dress up your little children at home in different colors costume as Radha and Krishna. Put Little Krishna on Jhula and Light the Ghee Diya and Dhoopbati.
9. Do Group puja and Bhajans at your home
10. Invite all your family members and relatives, friends for Krishna birthday puja at home.
11. Prepare some prasad like butter, fruits, sweets, Kheer and Some Namki and offer to Lord Krishna.
12. At the time of Puja chat mantras, sing bhajans and create the environment peacefully and spiritual.
13. In the evening, you can read the Bhagavad Gita and the story of Krishna.
14. At the end of the day distribute prasad to all members and take the blessings of elders and Love to small children
15. This festival is a joyful occasion.
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.
Jai Shree Krishna